In December 2018, Dave Hilowitz built a fully playable cello out of an old silverware box. Now you can own the sounds of this totally unique instrument in a convenient Kontakt library. Requires the full version of Kontakt 5.3.1 or later.
- Compatible with the full version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.3.1 (or later)
- Three articulations: sustain (velocity, modwheel, and algorithmic legato), spiccato and pizzicato
- Up to 8 round robins per note, 2 velocity layers for a maximum total of 16 different samples per note!
- 2 velocity layers
- ADSR controls on all patches (except spiccato)
- Recorded with three different mics (including a piezo contact mic). Mic levels are controllable after the fact to give maximum sonic flexibility
- EQ controls on all patches
- Three experimental patches: Texture I, Open Strings, Open Strings (Ensemble)
- Custom convolution reverb with reverb level knob
- Sample rate: 24-bit 48khz
- Library size: 1.03GB (each articulation is separate patch so you can easily remove less used articulations if you find yourself short on disk space)