Creating samples for Decent Sampler is easy. All you need are some WAV or AIFF files and a text editor. The best introduction to the process can be found here in this short video:
Once you’ve watched the video, you’ll want to check out the official Format Documentation. This document details almost every aspect of the Decent Sampler format.
Here is a list of useful topics :
- Decent Sampler boilerplate code
- Example: How to control two groups with knobs
- Dropdown Menus, Colored Keys, and Keyswitches come to Decent Sampler
- How to do voice-muting (like for hi-hats) and create legato samples
- How to use Convolution Reverb in Decent Sampler
- How to add buttons to your user interfaces
Are you a sample creator? You can sell samples via the Decent Sampler store
Commercial sample developers can apply to have their samples listed on the Decent Sampler store. From a business perspective, the sample store is set up sort of like an app store. In other words, Decent Samples handles hosting and maintaining the platform in exchange for a commission. If this is something you’d be interested in definitely let us know.