Dive into a mesmerizing world of sound experimentation with Refractions, a unique audio plug-in that samples and re-sequences audio in real-time. This innovative tool, available in VST, VST3, AudioUnit, and AAX formats for both Mac and Windows, revolutionizes the way you experience audio. Refractions takes your incoming audio and chops it into fragments, before resequencing these fragments to create a captivating, shimmering effect that is nothing short of hypnotic.
Refractions opens a gateway to infinite sonic experimentation. Whether you’re producing electronic music, scoring for films, or exploring experimental audio landscapes, this plug-in allows to transform ordinary sounds into extraordinary, ethereal compositions. The meticulously crafted algorithms within Refractions ensure seamless audio slicing and reordering, allowing you to craft complex rhythmic patterns or smooth ambient textures with unparalleled ease.
- Intuitive User Interface: Refractions boasts an intuitive interface, allowing you to dive right into the creative process without any steep learning curves.
- Customizable Pattern Editor: The patterns that come bundle with Refractions will give you a taste of what it can do, but the real fun starts when you create your own sequences using the built in pattern editor. The pattern editor is very flexible: not only is there a piano roll view, but you can also edit the raw underlying sequence data, which allows you to use fractional note values.
- Gorgeous Rippling Delay: Once you have a sequence going, you can give it even more shimmer by engaging the stereo delay.
- Stability and Compatibility: Designed with stability in mind, Refractions seamlessly integrates into your favorite digital audio workstation (DAW) without compromising your system’s performance. Its compatibility with various formats ensures that you can incorporate its magic into any project seamlessly.
- MIDI Input: At its core, Refractions is actually a sample-based synthesizer. It takes incoming audio, turns it into a sound which then gets played by the sequencer. But here’s the thing: you don’t actually have to use the built-in sequencer. If you want, you can actually hook up external MIDI input and use that instead.
Experience Sonic Brilliance:
Refractions elevates your audio productions to new heights, adding a touch of mystery and intrigue to your compositions. Whether you’re crafting ambient soundscapes, experimental tracks, or mesmerizing beats, Refractions invites you to explore the vast realms of sound, transforming your creations into sonic masterpieces. Unleash the shimmering magic of Refractions and let your music journey into uncharted territories of creativity and innovation.
So How Does It Work?
As you can see, the basic user interface is quite simple:
You choose a pattern, you set a mix level, and you let the effect do the rest. But, of course, there are way more controls. The advanced view shows all of the underlying options:
Each of these allows you to further customize the way that the effect operates. Finally, the pattern editor lets you fully sequence the incoming audio: