The Decent Samples plugin is a FREE sample player plugin that allows you to play sample libraries in the DecentSampler format (files with extensions: dspreset and dslibrary). It is available in the following formats:
- Windows: 64-bit VST, 64-bit VST3, 64-bit Standalone
- Mac: 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, AUv3, Standalone
It comes with a very basic piano patch. Right now, there are only a handful of samples available in DS format, but a bunch more are coming soon. A list of samples available in Decent Sample format can be found here.
If you find bugs, please report them to us.
Version release notes:
- There’s now a dialog box that shows progress when a sample is loaded
- Fixed an annoying bug that was preventing the onscreen piano keyboard from rendering properly
- Fixed bug that was causing intermittent crashes on sample load
- The sustain pedal works now
- Under-the-hood support for release triggers. Piano samples coming soon.
- Support for super short samples
- Fixed a crashing bug that was occuring when switching back and forth between RAM and Disk streaming modes
- Fixed another bug that was preventing RAM from getting released when switching from RAM mode to disk sreaming mode.
- Fixed a bug that was causing old “phantom notes” to be played when you switched between several samples with different sample lengths
- Introduced a browser for downloading free samples right within the plugin
- The plugin now asks you to create or login with a free Decent Samples account when you start it
- The plugin now allows you to choose whether samples are stored in RAM or whether disk-streaming is used.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the plugin to crash when a user tried to switch sample libraries while notes were still sounding.
- Improved reliability when loading presets.
- Onscreen keyboard is now colored to show the range of the instrument.
- Boosted the default preset volume by 12dB.
- Added main volume control at the top.
- DS now notifies users when a new version becomes available.
- Fixed a bug that was causing samples with reverb to be much too loud.
- Fixed a catastrophic rendering issue that was causing all samples to sound awful (double yikes).
- Fixed a bug that was causing velocity tracking to be turned off (yikes)
- Performance optimization
- Internal support for voice-level effects
- Fixed a bug that could cause the sampler to crash when you held a very long note.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Ableton Live to crash
- Added under-the-hood support for instrument/group/sample volume levels
- Added under-the-hood support for MIDI mapping
- Fixed a serious bug in looping functionality
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the screen from redrawing itself when new presets were loaded
- Fixed a bug that was causing lines to show up on the bottom and right when the screen was being resized.
- Fixed a bug that was prevent the menu from moving along with the window
- Fixed a memory leak that would show up on quit.
- Fixed a serious bug that was preventing voices from being released after being used for the first time.
- Switched to streaming from disk
- Initial pre-alpha public release