The Decent Samples plugin is a FREE sample player plugin that allows you to play sample libraries in the DecentSampler format (files with extensions: dspreset and dslibrary). It is available in the following formats:
- Windows (32-bit/64-bit): VST, VST3, AAX, Standalone (download link is above)
- Mac (Intel & M1): VST, VST3, AU, AAX, Standalone (download link is above)
- Linux (Intel 64-bit): VST, VST3, Standalone (download link is above)
- iOS: AUv3, Standalone
If you’d like to support the development of Decent Sampler, please consider becoming a patron on Patreon.
If you want to develop samples for Decent Sampler, check out this page.If you find bugs, please report them via the contact form or add them directly to the bug tracker (you will need to make a separate account to access the bug tracker). Thanks!
Latest version release notes:
- Made the waveshaper effect more efficient
- Fixed a bug that was causing the release phase of the ADSR envelopes to last much longer than it needs to.
- Fixes a bug that was causing the plug-in to crash in Apple Logic sometimes
- Includes a number of small bug fixes that should improve reliability of loading presets
- In the Decent Sampler store, when library updates are available, a new icon shows up next to the sample library. Clicking on the sample library allows you to download the updates. (0000063)
- Fixed a bug that was preventing two modulators from targeting the same group-level effect parameter (0000063)
Fixed a bug that was causing the wave shaper effect’s volume to get much louder when the effect was turned off to safe CPU (0000062)
Fixed a bug that was occasionally resulting in users getting logged out of the DS store without even knowing it. (0000060)
Added a panel within the DS store that tells a user whether or not they are logged in (0000061)
When the plugin is unable to find a sample library, it now pops up a dialog box that says so and allows the user to find the library. If the user is able to find the library, instrument settings get preserved. (0000055)
- When a new preset is loaded, the keyboard should be centered on the available range of that instrument. (0000057)
- Boosted the maximum number of effects to 16 (0000046)
- Fixed a bug that was causing sound to be muted when the filter resonance (Q) was set to zero (0000023)
- Fixed a bug that was causing the filter to sometimes produce static when it was modulated (0000051)
- Fixed a bug that was preventing group amp modulation from working when a group has a tag. This bug was introduced in 1.8.14. (0000045)
- Fixed a bug that was causing the plug-in to crash sometimes when switching presets
- The plug-in now caches the store catalog locally, and only reaches out to the API when data is stale instead of every time the plug-in starts up. This should greatly reduce bandwidth usage on both the client and server side.
- It’s now possible to “favorite” sample libraries. Favoriting sample libraries causes them to show up in the “Favorites” sub-menu within the File Menu. (0000006, 0000047)
- Plug-in now responds to Command+O or Ctrl+O for preset load and Command+S or Ctrl+S for preset save (0000048)
- The global volume used to be applied before effects, but it is now applied after effects (0000043)
- The group volume is applied before group effects, but it is now applied after (0000044)
- In the File Browser, if you right-click on a sample library on Mac or Windows you will be presented with a “Reveal in Finder” or “Reveal in Explorer” menu option (0000049)
- Sample Creators: When you convert an SFZ or an EXS, the newly generated preset will now have ADSR, tone, chorus, and reverb knobs automatically. 0000050
- For sample creators: fixed a bug that was causing the engine to produce different results when multiple bindings were being targeted by an envelope compared to a single target.
- For sample creators: It’s now possible to target groups using tags from within modulator bindings. This will be exciting to about 1% of people who use this sampler. 🙂
- Temporarily disabled the sample list that is displayed on the file menu. It seems that generating this list was actually causing the entire plug-in to become slow. We will be looking into how to fix this issue.
- Fixed a bug that was causing certain presets in Interlaced to produce static. Basically, when a low-pass filter was set to exactly 22,050Hz, the glitchy audio would glitch out. (Issue #34)
- Added a new checkbox in File > Preferences… > Engine dialog box called “Effects: Disable when not in use.” Checking this will cause effects such as Convolution and Reverb to be bypassed when their levels are at 0. Enabling this may reduce CPU usage on presets that make use of a lot of effects.
- Improved the code that calculates the size of the window when a new preset is loaded (Issue #28, Issue #26)
- The sample list on the file menu should now match the samples that are displayed in the BROWSE window (Issue #27)
- Fixed several bugs in the sample library detection code
- Fixed a Linux bug that was causing the plugin to crash sometimes when selecting presets (0000010)
- Fixed a Linux bug that was causing the plugin to crash on startup sometimes
- The plugin should now handle .zip files that contain .dsbundle directories correctly. (0000013)
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the sample library UI from being recreated correctly when the plugin window was closed and then reopened. (0000004)
- 0000021: [General]
Scala SCL files cannot be opened on iOS because of sandboxing restrictions(dhilowitz)
- Fixed a bug that made downloading large sample libraries unstable
- Fixed a bug that prevented the sample library UI from being recreated correctly when the plugin window was closed and then re-opened.