The Decent Samples plugin is a FREE sample player plugin that allows you to play sample libraries in the DecentSampler format (files with extensions: dspreset and dslibrary). It is available in the following formats:
- Windows (32-bit/64-bit): VST, VST3, AAX, Standalone
- Mac (Intel & M1): VST, VST3, AU, AUv3, AAX, Standalone
- Linux (Intel 64-bit): VST, VST3, Standalone
- iOS: AUv3, Standalone
We have a bunch of samples in Decent Sampler format here. There’s also a huge cache of free Decent Sampler samples available for download on Pianobook. Right now, the easiest way to find those is via this this Google search.
If you find bugs, please report them to us.
Latest version release notes:
- Fixed a number of bugs having to do with the loading of samples. There will probably be another release that fixes more of these issues soon.
0.9.9 (Windows only)
- Fixed a bug which got introduced in 0.9.8. There is a folder that stores all downloaded presets, and we recently changed its name on Windows. If you are experiencing missing samples, most likely it is because this folder got renamed. To fix this issue, copy all of the files from here C:\Users\<YourWindowsUsername>\AppData\Roaming\Decidedly\DecentSampler\Sample Libraries to here C:\Users\<YourWindowsUsername>\AppData\Roaming\Decidedly\DecentSampler\Presets
- Fixed a bug that was causing the app to crash when switching to the My Libraries tab
- Upgraded the way settings are stored so that if the default location is not writeable a backup location is tried.
- We no longer automatically download the default preset on startup as this was slowing the app down
- Disk scans should be much faster now
- Windows: 32-bit builds are now included in the installer