The Decent Samples plugin is a FREE sample player plugin that allows you to play sample libraries in the DecentSampler format (files with extensions: dspreset and dslibrary). It is available in the following formats:
- Windows: 64-bit VST, 64-bit VST3, 64-bit Standalone
- Mac: 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, AUv3, Standalone
- iOS: AUv3, Standalone
It comes with a very basic piano patch. Right now, there are only a handful of samples available in DS format, but a bunch more are coming soon. A list of samples available in Decent Sample format can be found here.
Documentation on how to create your own samples can be found here: format-documentation.
If you find bugs, please report them to us.
Latest version release notes:
- Added support for loop crossfading. Use the loopCrossfade attribute. Units are in samples.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a crash when notes were pitchbent by large numbers of octaves
- Fixed a bug that was causing an audio glitch
- Sample Store: Fixed a bug that was causing the wrong sample to pop up when you clicked on an item in the sample store (oops!).
- Native support for new Mac M1 processors
- Added engine support for pedal down samples (sample library creators: see the onLoCC and onHiCC messages)
- Sample Store: Began adding under-the-hood support for third-party publishers
- Sample Store: You can now search for specific titles
- Sample Store: You can now sort the sample list