The Decent Samples plugin is a FREE sample player plugin that allows you to play sample libraries in the DecentSampler format (files with extensions: dspreset and dslibrary). It is available in the following formats:
- Windows (32-bit/64-bit): VST, VST3, AAX, Standalone
- Mac (Intel & M1): VST, VST3, AU, AUv3, AAX, Standalone
- Linux (Intel 64-bit): VST, VST3, Standalone
- iOS: AUv3, Standalone
If you want to develop samples for Decent Sampler, check out this page.
If you find bugs, please report them to us.
Latest version release notes:
- Added delay effect
- Fixed an automation bug introduced in 1.2.0
- Support for native host automation
- Added chorus and phaser effects
- Improved sample library loader–there is now a nice dialog box with a bar that shows sample loading progress
- When controlling the onscreen keyboard with your computer keyboard, you can change octaves by hitting the z and x keys
Fixed a bug that was causing the overall volume control to display the wrong value when linked to one of the instrument’s knobs
When a bad XML file is encounter, Decent Sampler now shows an error message.
Labels and sliders now scale up correctly when the window size is increased
MIDI bindings now respond to `control` as well as `labeled_knob`
- Added a “Developer Tools” sub-menu with a “Save Preset…” option. This is very useful if you are a sample creator and want to see what Decent Sampler is seeing under the hood
- Thank you to everyone who has reported bugs. I really am reading all of the emails even if I don’t reply immediately.
- Improved searching in the “My Libraries” (we now search sample names and folder names)
- Fixed a bug that was causing certain patches to load extremely slowly or crash the sampler
- It’s now possible to search the “My Libraries” tab
- Fixed a bug that was preventing pitch-bending settings from being stored correctly
- Fixed a bug that was causing controls to be misplaced when plugin window was closed and then reopened.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the BROWSE window from re-opening itself.
- It’s now possible to organize your samples in folders.
- It’s now possible to set the pitch-bend range to +/- 24 via the “Instrument Settings…” window.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the loop point of some samples to be mis-recognized.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a crash on resource-intensive presets (such as the Aferd synth, which uses 96khz samples). This was most noticeable when Disk Streaming mode was turned on and the buffer sizes were too low.
- Sample Creators: It’s now possible to create knobs that control ampVelTrack
- Sample Creators: It’s now possible to create knobs that control sample pan