The Decent Samples plugin is a FREE sample player plugin that allows you to play sample libraries in the DecentSampler format (files with extensions: dspreset and dslibrary). It is available in the following formats:
- Windows (32-bit/64-bit): VST, VST3, AAX, Standalone (download link is above)
- Mac (Intel & M1): VST, VST3, AU, AAX, Standalone (download link is above)
- Linux (Intel 64-bit): VST, VST3, Standalone (download link is above)
- iOS: AUv3, Standalone
If you’d like to support the development of Decent Sampler, please consider becoming a patron on Patreon.
Latest version release notes:
- Added beta support for buttons. See this blog post about buttons or the documentation here.
- Increased efficiency of convolution algorithm on Windows.
- Added beta support for convolution effect. See the Convolution section of the format document for more details.
- Fixed a handful of problems having to do with sample loading
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the background image of some sample libraries from loading properly
- Added support for custom knobs (see documentation here)
- Fixed a bug that caused the plugin to crash intermittently when presets were changed
- Fixed several bugs that were causing the plugin to crash when closed and relaunched in rapid succession.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the plugin to crash when the Ableton Live Plugin UI window was closed during parameter automation
- Copy-protected samples now load more reliably
Fixed the annoying bug that was causing the on-screen keyboard to sometimes appear the wrong size on startup
- Turned off sandboxing on standalone Mac version
- Fixed a sample editor bug that was preventing new samples from being added correctly (oops)
- Optimized sound generation code substantially
- It’s now possible to control secondary ADSR envelopes using knobs
- Added support for modulated panning and modulated tuning
1.5.25 (8/24/22; Windows only)
- Fixed a bug that was preventing FL Studio from loading more than one Decent Sampler instance in a project
- Added preliminary support for LFOs and secondary ADSR envelopes. See tutorial on LFOs & Envelopes here.
- Added an image UI control that displays static images (this can be controlled by bindings). See documentation here.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing some MIDI-controlled tone controls from working
- Added a “Max Voices” slider to the Preferences > Engine settings screen. This allows you to increase (or decrease) the number of simultaneous voices that Decent Sampler uses. The default value is 100 voices. The maximum is 500. Of course, increasing voices uses more RAM / CPU.
- Added the possibility of outputting MIDI from the onscreen keyboard (you can turn this on using the Preferences > General > MIDI output) setting
When we save a preset after having imported an EXS, the Save As… dialog no longer suggests a name that ends in .exs
Fixed an EXS24 import bug that was causing fineTuning to be wrong when it had a negative value
- Fixed a bug that was causing some held notes to repeat themselves (introduced in 1.5.19)
- Fixed a bug that was causing the plugin to crash when using the arrows to switch presets
- Fixed sustain pedal sounds
- Fixed a bug that was sometimes preventing sample libraries from being cleared out when a new sample library was loaded.
- Rewrote the audio rendering engine to prepare for LFO support. If you find bugs, please report them to us.
- Added a preference to turn off keyboard input from the onscreen keyboard
- Fixed a bug that was preventing some multi-preset sample libraries from loading correctly
- Fixed a UI sizing bug that came to light with the DS version of the Pianobook Global Swarm instrument.
- Added a volume meter to the main UI next to the main volume control
- Purchased sample libraries now show an icon in the bottom right on the sample store. This should help people know what they’ve purchased and what they have not.
- Fixed a couple of bugs in the sample store
Fixed a bug that was preventing short descriptions from being displayed in the sample store.
Fixed a bug that was preventing sample libraries that were downloaded from the Decent Samples store from being recognized as already having been downloaded.