The Decent Samples plugin is a sample player plugin that allows you to use sample libraries release in the “decent sampler” format (files with extensions: dspreset and dslibrary). It is available in the following formats:
- Windows: 64-bit VST, 64-bit VST3, 64-bit Standalone
- Mac: 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, AUv3, Standalone
It comes with a very basic piano patch. Right now, there is only one sample available in DS format, but a bunch more are coming soon. A list of samples available in Decent Sample format can be found here.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Decent Samples plugin is an R&D project. We’re going to say this right off the bat: you will find some bugs. That being said, if you’re feeling brave, we’ve love if you’d give it a try and report some bugs to us. 🙂
Version release notes:
- Boosted the default preset volume by 12dB.
- Added main volume control at the top.
- DS now notifies users when a new version becomes available.
- Fixed a bug that was causing samples with reverb to be much too loud.
- Fixed a catastrophic rendering issue that was causing all samples to sound awful (double yikes).
- Fixed a bug that was causing velocity tracking to be turned off (yikes)
- Performance optimization
- Internal support for voice-level effects
- Fixed a bug that could cause the sampler to crash when you held a very long note.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Ableton Live to crash
- Added under-the-hood support for instrument/group/sample volume levels
- Added under-the-hood support for MIDI mapping
- Fixed a serious bug in looping functionality
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the screen from redrawing itself when new presets were loaded
- Fixed a bug that was causing lines to show up on the bottom and right when the screen was being resized.
- Fixed a bug that was prevent the menu from moving along with the window
- Fixed a memory leak that would show up on quit.
- Fixed a serious bug that was preventing voices from being released after being used for the first time.
- Switched to streaming from disk
- Initial pre-alpha public release