<tag>element now has an
enabledattribute. In order for a sample or group to play, all its tags need to be enabled.
- The binding that corresponds to the tag’s volume has been changed to
AMP_VOLUME). The old one will still work, but developers should start using the new name in their new instrument’s.
- It’s now possible to create bindings against a tag’s
enabledattribute using the
- Fixed MIDI learn (broken in 1.4.0)
1.4.5 (iOS and Windows only)
- Windows: Double clicking on .dspreset and .dslibrary files now causes the standalone version of Decent Sampler to be launched.
- iOS: Tapping on .dspreset and .dslibrary files within the iOS Files app now causes the standalone version of Decent Sampler to be launched.
1.4.2 (Mac only)
- Mac: Double clicking on .dspreset and .dslibrary files now causes the standalone version of Decent Sampler to be launched.
- Decent Sampler no longer scans the sample library on startup (this was causing the plugin to fail scans for too many DAWs).
- Added under-the-hood support for keyswitches (documentation coming soon)
- Added under-the-hood support for coloring the onscreen keyboard (sample developers, see here)
- Added under-the-hood support for drop-down menus (sample developers, see here)
- Fixed a voice-muting bug that was breaking multi-group instruments with a polyphony of 1
- Added a publisher label to the sample store so that we can see which publisher made a sample library
- Added support for lowpass, bandpass, and highness filters
- Added support for different ADSR curves. (Developers can find more info here).
- Changed default ADSR curve from linear to logarithmic
1.3.7 (This version is currently offline because of bug reports – 12/18/21)
- Fix a bug that was causing the wrong ADSR lengths when the sample rate of the samples was different than the playback sample rate
- Fixed a bug that was causing the plugin to delete directories that were passed to it, but that didn’t contain any dspreset files (!!!)
- Added previous and next buttons in the header bar. These allow you to quickly switch through presets.
- Fixed a bug that was causing presets with large UIs to render as a black screen
- Fixed a bug that was causing the sampler to crash when loading dslibrary files that contain multiple presets.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing glide/portamento from working correctly with more than one group
- Fixed a bug that was causing the chorus to render in mono
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the correct knob colors from showing on initial load
- Upgraded the under-the-hood database system
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the plugin from resizing itself correctly when nonstandard skin sizes are used
- Added binding for reverb damping
- Fixed a bug that was resulting in blank entries being added to the instrument library
- Fixed a bug that was preventing folder-based instruments from being shown in the File menu
- When a user loads an instrument from their library and the instrument is in DSLIBRARY format, the engine will now offer to let them install (unzip) the instrument
- Fixed a bunch of bugs that prevented samples from being reloaded in some DAWs.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the sampler to crash when loading dslibrary files that contain multiple presets.
- When you load a “dslibrary” or “zip” file, Decent Sampler will ask you if you want to “install” it to your instrument library. Doing this should result in performance and reliability improvements.
- Added delay effect
- Fixed an automation bug introduced in 1.2.0
- Support for native host automation
- Added chorus and phaser effects
- Improved sample library loader–there is now a nice dialog box with a bar that shows sample loading progress
- When controlling the onscreen keyboard with your computer keyboard, you can change octaves by hitting the z and x keys
- Fixed a bug that was causing the overall volume control to display the wrong value when linked to one of the instrument’s knobs
- When a bad XML file is encounter, Decent Sampler now shows an error message.
- Labels and sliders now scale up correctly when the window size is increased
- MIDI bindings now respond to `control` as well as `labeled_knob`
- Added a “Developer Tools” sub-menu with a “Save Preset…” option. This is very useful if you are a sample creator and want to see what Decent Sampler is seeing under the hood
- Thank you to everyone who has reported bugs. I really am reading all of the emails even if I don’t reply immediately.
- Improved searching in the “My Libraries” (we now search sample names and folder names)
- Fixed a bug that was causing certain patches to load extremely slowly or crash the sampler
- It’s now possible to search the “My Libraries” tab
- Fixed a bug that was preventing pitch-bending settings from being stored correctly
- Fixed a bug that was causing controls to be misplaced when plugin window was closed and then reopened.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the BROWSE window from re-opening itself.
- It’s now possible to organize your samples in folders.
- It’s now possible to set the pitch-bend range to +/- 24 via the “Instrument Settings…” window.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the loop point of some samples to be mis-recognized.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a crash on resource-intensive presets (such as the Aferd synth, which uses 96khz samples). This was most noticeable when Disk Streaming mode was turned on and the buffer sizes were too low.
- Sample Creators: It’s now possible to create knobs that control ampVelTrack
- Sample Creators: It’s now possible to create knobs that control sample pan
- Fixed an internal volume calculation that was causing some sample libraries to play back too softly
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the `previousNote` attribute from being parsed correctly
- Fixed processing of the ampVelTrack attribute so that it now happens at the groups, group, and sample levels (as opposed to just at the group level)
- The default value for the `silencingMode` attribute is now `fast`.
- Added a section on how to create legato samples to the manual
- Added a “Reload” menu option that allows you to rescan your sample library directory for presets.
- Experimental support for legato, voice-muting, and polyphony controls. These are currently not documented, sample creators can see details here.
- Fixed a small bug preventing some presets from showing up on the file menu.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing sample engine mode from being saved correctly
- iOS: The default buffer size is much lower, this should lead to much lower RAM usage.
- iOS: A bunch of small performance tweaks that should lower RAM usage.
- When looking for dspreset files, we now scan two directories deep. This should make it easier to use libraries that contain subdirectories (e.g. Dan Keen’s NFO Orchestra).
- The sample list in the file menu now shows the contents of the sample library database rather than the contents of the sample library directory.
- If you have more than 10 libraries in your sample library database, the sample libraries will be displayed in a series of sub-menus off of file menu.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the sampler to crash when a start offset was specified that was past the end of a wav file’s data.
- Fixed a bug (introduced in 1.0.7) that was causing the causing samples to play back at the wrong pitch if the audio sample rate didn’t match the wav file sample rate.
- Add support for pitch-bending
- Added pitch-bend and mod wheel UI control to the left of the onscreen keyboard (shown if space allows)
- Added an overall instrument pitch control (+/- 36 semitones) (visible in the header bar on the main performance view)
- Added ability to change pitch-bend range (set this using the “Instrument Settings” menu options),
- Sample creators: There is now support for support for instrument-wide and group-level tuning
- Fixed a bug that broke fine-tuning on samples
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to specify a non-default location for one’s sample library (Windows & Linux only)
- Fixed a very rare issue that was causing crashes when recovering a project in Ableton Live after a crash
- Fixed a longstanding issue that was causing the standalone version of the plugin to delete its own preferences file (symptom: the need to re-login constantly)
- Fixed a longstanding issue that was causing crashes during project load within ProTools (AAX version only)
- Added under-the-hood support for multiple mics. Sample creators see Appendix D of the documentation for implementation details.
- Linux: Libcurl fix for Linux users only
- Upgraded the internal database system.
- When a sample library load successfully, the loading window disappear automatically.
- BUG FIX: Previously, if you used the same file twice in your sample library, the loop points from the second usage would be ignored. This is now fixed.
- Fixed a number of bugs having to do with the loading of samples. There will probably be another release that fixes more of these issues soon.
0.9.9 (Windows only)
- Fixed a bug which got introduced in 0.9.8. There is a folder that stores all downloaded presets, and we recently changed its name on Windows. If you are experiencing missing samples, most likely it is because this folder got renamed. To fix this issue, copy all of the files from here C:\Users\<YourWindowsUsername>\AppData\Roaming\Decidedly\DecentSampler\Sample Libraries to here C:\Users\<YourWindowsUsername>\AppData\Roaming\Decidedly\DecentSampler\Presets
- Fixed a bug that was causing the app to crash when switching to the My Libraries tab
- Upgraded the way settings are stored so that if the default location is not writeable a backup location is tried.
- We no longer automatically download the default preset on startup as this was slowing the app down
- Disk scans should be much faster now
- Windows: 32-bit builds are now included in the installer
- Mac: The Mac installer now includes an AAX version of the plugin
- Windows: The Windows installer now includes an AAX version of the plugin (untested)
- Windows: The Windows installer now includes 32-bit versions of the plugin (untested)
- Windows: The Windows installer now includes the Microsoft C++ Runtime which is needed to run the plugin
- Linux: Fixed a newly introduced bug that was preventing MIDI learn for working on any knob except the first knob
- All platforms: Fixed a newly introduced bug that was preventing MIDI learn for working on any knob except the first knob
- Mac: Fixed a newly introduced bug that was causing the Mac version to sometimes crash when its window was first opened.
- Windows: Fixed the log file directory name
- Linux: Libcurl symbols now load lazily. This should make the build more compatible with different Linux distributions.
- Added cover art into the “My Libraries” browser. Libraries without cover art will get a thumbnail (library creators can add cover art by using the new
- Support for push notifications on iOS
- Improved sample library loading reliability on iOS and macOS (internal file bookmarks!)
- Presets in the file menu are now sort alphabetically.
- Each time the plugin starts up, it scans the sample library directory for new presets and adds them to the sample library database.
- Fixed a bug that was causing knobs to get positioned incorrectly when the UI was scaled up.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the plug-in to crash when faced with certain sample libraries that have loop crossfading that extends into the preload region
- Fixed a bug that was causing the engine to crash when a large number of voices were being used
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the MIDI Learn menu from showing up in Logic
- Added MIDI Learn functionality!
- Fixed a bug that was causing the reverb to not get initialized correctly on startup (most noticeable in the Kalimba patch where the reverb didn’t “turn on” until you played with the knobs)
- Fixed a bug that was causing controls that were bound to instrument-level and group-level ADSR settings to clobber unrelated settings (thanks Fred Poirier)
- Fixed a bug that was preventing downloads from working within the sample store
- Loop settings can now be set at the <group> level.
- Added support for loop crossfading. Use the loopCrossfade attribute. Units are in samples.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a crash when notes were pitchbent by large numbers of octaves
- Fixed a bug that was causing an audio glitch
- Added engine support for pedal down samples (sample library creators: see the onLoCC and onHiCC messages)
- Sample Store: Began adding under-the-hood support for third-party publishers
- Sample Store: You can now search for specific titles
- Sample Store: You can now sort the sample list
- It is now possible to delete samples from the “My Samples” tab
- In the “My Samples” tab it is now possible to see the file path for your samples
- Added a “Recent Files” submenu item to the “File…” menu
- Rewrote round robin support to accomodate samples that have both round robins and release triggers.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the default knob values to get rounded to the nearest whole number
- The standalone version of the sampler no longer tries to load the last loaded sample (that was annoying and it sometimes let to crashes).
- Double-clicking a dspreset or dslibrary file in your OS should result in the standalone version of the plugin opening
- Fixed a bug that was causing clicks in the audio output if the engine was set to one very specific buffer size
- Added support for sampling panning
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the fine-tuning from working correctly.
- Decent Sampler now supports dslibrary files that contain multiple presets.
- Fixed many bugs that were uncovered by the
- A ton of fixes to make it easier to create instruments
- Add a “Reload” menu option that allows you to reload the current library.
- Upgraded the lowpass filter being used below the hood
- Fixed a bunch of crashing bugs. Monolith-style instruments should work much better.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the VST 2.0 implementation to crash on Mac
- Fixed a crashing bug introduced in version 0.7.16.
- The max volume for instruments, groups, and samples used to be 6dB. It’s now 24dB.
- Added support for trigger groups based on continuous controllers (for CC64 piano pedal support)
- Added support for UI textSize and dial colors.
- Massive refactoring. We should now be seeing a RAM usage boost for RAM-based samples that reuse the same file.
- Fixed BUG: We no longer include samples that start with a period in the File menu dropdown list
- Fixed BUG: The last byte of every wave file was being omitted
- There’s now a dialog box that shows progress when a sample is loaded
- Fixed an annoying bug that was preventing the onscreen piano keyboard from rendering properly
- Fixed bug that was causing intermittent crashes on sample load
- The sustain pedal works now
- Under-the-hood support for release triggers. Piano samples coming soon.
- Support for super short samples
- Fixed a crashing bug that was occuring when switching back and forth between RAM and Disk streaming modes
- Fixed another bug that was preventing RAM from getting released when switching from RAM mode to disk sreaming mode.
- Fixed a bug that was causing old “phantom notes” to be played when you switched between several samples with different sample lengths
- Introduced a browser for downloading free samples right within the plugin
- The plugin now asks you to create or login with a free Decent Samples account when you start it
- The plugin now allows you to choose whether samples are stored in RAM or whether disk-streaming is used.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the plugin to crash when a user tried to switch sample libraries while notes were still sounding.
- Improved reliability when loading presets.
- Onscreen keyboard is now colored to show the range of the instrument.
- Boosted the default preset volume by 12dB.
- Added main volume control at the top.
- DS now notifies users when a new version becomes available.
- Fixed a bug that was causing samples with reverb to be much too loud.
- Fixed a catastrophic rendering issue that was causing all samples to sound awful (double yikes).
- Fixed a bug that was causing velocity tracking to be turned off (yikes)
- Performance optimization
- Internal support for voice-level effects
- Fixed a bug that could cause the sampler to crash when you held a very long note.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Ableton Live to crash
- Added under-the-hood support for instrument/group/sample volume levels
- Added under-the-hood support for MIDI mapping
- Fixed a serious bug in looping functionality
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the screen from redrawing itself when new presets were loaded
- Fixed a bug that was causing lines to show up on the bottom and right when the screen was being resized.
- Fixed a bug that was prevent the menu from moving along with the window
- Fixed a memory leak that would show up on quit.
- Fixed a serious bug that was preventing voices from being released after being used for the first time.
- Switched to streaming from disk
- Initial pre-alpha public release