On a particularly hot summer day in 2019, Dave Hilowitz came across this charming old glockenspiel at the Philadelphia Flea Market. Aside from its distinctive, homemade look, what makes this particular instrument unique is its resonator tubes – something one tends to see on larger instruments such as vibraphones and orchestral bells.
- Four round robins per note
- Two versions: V1 (middle distance micing) and V2 (closed miced)
- The V1 version has two velocity layers
- The DecentSampler / Kontakt version comes with a single control: reverb
- Three versions:
- Kontakt version is compatible with the full version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.8.1 (or later).
- SFZ version tested with Plogue Sforzando
- The Decent Sampler version works with the free Decent Samples player plugin. Download it here.
- Convolution reverb with level knob
- Sample rate: 24-bit 48khz
- Library size: 168MB (Kontakt is 87 MB compressed)