In December 2018, Dave Hilowitz built a fully playable cello out of an old silverware box. We spent the month of January sampling the instrument and have no turned it into a feature-packed Kontakt library. Introductory price: $20!
- Three articulations: sustain (both velocity and modwheel), spiccato and pizzicato
- Up to 8 round robins per note, 2 velocity layers for a maximum total of 16 different samples per note!
- ADSR controls on all patches (except spiccato)
- EQ controls on all patches
- Recorded with three different mics (including a piezo contact mic). Mic levels are controllable after the fact to give maximum sonic flexibility
- Three experimental patches: Texture I, Open Strings, Open Strings (Ensemble)
- Requires the full version of Kontakt 5.3.1 or later.
- Library size: 1.03GB (each articulation is separate patch so you can easily get rid of articulations you don’t need if you find yourself short on disk space)