We’re releasing a new sample library today: Viola Ensemble. It’s $15 for a limited time.
Apple has a new sampling plugin called Sampler; it comes as part of Logic 10.5. In this quick video, Dave Hilowitz gives the new plugin a spin, and uses it to create an EXS version of our Box Violins Sample Library.
Download the EXS version of Box Violins here.
In October 2019, Dave Hilowitz built a Box Violin out of a paintbrush box. Well, we’ve finally gotten around to sampling it, and today we’re releasing the resulting sample library for free.
In this video, I take some first steps towards coding my own arpeggiator script. I also show off the great arpeggiator script that comes bundled with Kontakt. Along the way, I turn some samples of a toy piano I sampled and turn them into a full-featured Kontakt library.
The Toy Piano Kontakt library I made in this video is available for free here.
At one point in the video, I reference a video about round robins that I made a while back. You can watch that here:
I also mention Big Bob’s fantastic Ultra TKT script, which is available here: https://nilsliberg.se/ksp/scripts/utkt/utkt.htm
If you’ve been enjoying these videos, remember to hit like and subscribe on YouTube.
See you next time!
The melodica is a free-reed instrument that became popular in the 1950s. We’ve sampled it twice and turned it into a Kontakt instrument.
- Compatible with the full version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.3.1 (or later)
- Two sample sets: Melodica I (4 round robins, 2 velocity layers) and Melodica II (4 round robins, 1 velocity layer)
- Voice controls allow you to choose between 1, 2, and 4 voices simutaneously
- ADSR controls
- EQ controls
- Custom convolution reverb with reverb level knob
- Chorus level knob
- Two versions of each instrument are included: 1) velocity controls dynamics; and 2) modwheel controls dynamics.
- Sample rate: 24-bit 48khz
- Library size: 148MB
Before you download the sample, check out the story behind the samples here:
The samples of Mr. Pyle’s violin can be downloaded here.
In this video, I show how to make release triggers in Kontakt. In the process, I create a full-featured Kontakt library out of the whistle from a Chantal tea kettle.
The instrument that I make in the video can be downloaded for free here.